Part of living a smaller lifestyle, means living in an area with accessible services, restaurants, cultural activities and more. With this in mind, my partner (Logan) and I found a perfect tiny home to meet our needs.
Below are a few reasons why we love our home so much:
1. A tiny apartment fits my needs. Living in a 400 square foot apartment has streamlined my life. Less stuff, less cleaning and a 30 percent decrease in rent has lowered my stress levels, improved my health and saved an enormous amount of time. My extra time is now spent with friends, hobbies, and Logan.
Feel free to take a tour of the tiny apartment:
2. Work is within walking distance. I’ve been commuting to various jobs for the last 6 years. While we lived in Davis, Logan had the luxury of commuting by bike everyday. Needless to say, I was a little jealous.
Moving closer to my job in Sacramento meant less stress and worry over commuting time. Even if my work days are stressful, I know my commute home will be easy. A walk home in the fresh air helps me unwind. It’s the perfect way to end a work day.
3. Public transportation is accessible. My main method of transportation is by bike. But it’s good to have options. Sacramento has an accessible bus system, light rail and I’m only 1 mile from the Amtrak station!
4. The community is walkable and bikable. Mid-town is close to amazing restaurants, the park, city pools, the YMCA, the Sacramento co-op, a farmer’s market and the American River Trail. Additionally, the Second Saturday Art Walk is available for free every month!
5. Closing thoughts. Our little home is beautiful and when I reflect on the fortunate state of our lives, I am incredibly grateful. Simple living has given me the tools to remove the unnecessary, define my values and pursue happiness.
For more information about simple living, check out my blog: RowdyKittens.